3 Day First Aid at Work Level 3
2 Day First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3
2 Day Paediatric First Aid at Work Level 3 (OFSTED Compliant)
1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3
3 Day Combined First Aid and Paediatric First Aid at Work Level 3
2 Day Mental Health First Aid at Work Level 3
*Please note that attendance for the full duration of the course is mandatory.
*Please note if attending the 2 day requalification course, all candidates must bring their current First Aid at Work certificate
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Deliver effective Basic Life Support including cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and the safe use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
- Recognising the presence of major illness and applying general first aid principles in its management
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Injuries to bones including suspected spinal injuries;
- Chest injuries;
- Burns and scalds;
- Eye injuries including how to irrigate an eye;
- Sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock.
For Paediatric First Aid candidates will also cover:
- Child & Infant Resuscitation
- Infantile Convulsions
- Sicke Cell Anemia
On successful completion of all First Aid at Work courses, candidates will receive a Nationally recognised first aid certificate, which will remain valid for 3 years.
All candidates should dress casually as there are practical aspects within the courses
All candidates must have mobility as there are aspects of the course which require kneeling for long periods, bending over & manoeuvring live casualties